About Me

My photo
I love makeup but I've never really experimented with it until I started reading other beauty blogs. I love, love colors.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sassy Minerals Swatches + Review

Finally got around to doing my Sassy Minerals swatches. Here is the swag:





Here are the swatches:









The ones I really liked are Fake It, Vixen and No Rules. Fake It looked gorgeous as a pigment and even prettier swatched. I had issues with Panache and Talking to Myself because they looked so similar swatched on. Talking to Myself might have been a bit more yellow? I don't know. It didn't seem like it though. They're still very beautiful colors. :)

Quality of the product was awesome. I loved the variety of the colors and at $0.75 a sample, they're a *bargain*.

Note: don't use lotion (especially Haus of Gloi) as a primer. It made these weird clumps and sort of ruined my brush for the other swatches. I used L'Oreal De-Crease Eye Shadow Base which, even though it was drying out, worked pretty well. I have learned that if you are wearing lotion, don't put this base on until your lotion has completely absorbed. Otherwise, the base will also clump.

2 comments:

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

Panache and all those other golds really look gorgeous!! I love the greens too. I've never tried this company, but I guess I will have to.

Yums said...

Lol, they are all very pretty. Jolt is actually turquoise color I was disappointed the camera didn't really pick up.

I should read the manual haha.

Thanks for commenting! I LOVE your blog btw!