About Me

My photo
I love makeup but I've never really experimented with it until I started reading other beauty blogs. I love, love colors.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Herbolution: Haul #1

I finally got my Herbolution in the products the other day! I got the shipping confirmation on Wednesday or Thursday and by Saturday, the product at come. I ordered on Tuesday. Believe me, I was sitting on pins and needles, mainly because of excitement for the Organic Mandarin Aloe Body Butter. It looked so tempting on the website I HAD to get it! It was the full 45g for me and not a sample. I think I was really convinced that I would love it. :D

I also got the Floral Clay Organic Mask in a sample size and sample set of their Organic Cleansing Grains.

Then...surprise! They included a sample of their Organic Strawberry Face Scrub and another sample of their Sandalwood Facial Cleansing Grains.



I used the strawberry one right away. I absolutely loved it. It smelled like strawberries and cream oatmeal. My face didn't break out, it wasn't super dry afterwards (though I'm a habitual lotion user so I did use lotion) and I just really liked the wheat-y, strawberry smell of it. Not to mention, the ingredients in the cleansing grains made me believe that what I was putting on my face was definitely good for my face:

Strawberries have more anti-aging Vitamin C than oranges and grapefruit. It also possesses salicylic acid which helps control breakouts. Oatmeal is a gentle exfoliate. Not to mention, the milky substance oatmeal products is also a great in hydrating your skin. The other major ingredient is flax seed which has a high concentration of omega 3 oils and it's a cure-all for skin issues like rosacea, acne, psoriasis, etc.

The body butter was a bit of a disappointment. It was a little bit greasy. Not only that, I'm not sure why my skin does this but instead of absorbing any of that, it just sits on top of my skin. I don't think it's the formulation as much as it is I have weird skin. The formulation does not work for me. :/ I also expected a much stronger and much crisper mandarin smell. Another sadface later...I did not get it.

Shipping: Seriously...I think because I was so excited, it felt much longer. I ordered Tuesday and received my package Saturday. :)

Customer Service: They didn't have much information on their website about shipping so I contacted them Wednesday night and got an answer. Shipping confirmation received Thursday, it didn't show any info until Saturday when I received the item. I blame that on USPS, lol. Otherwise, they were very lovely to deal with.

Price: Yikes. I think unit-wise, the products were a bit more expensive than I thought. I received 45g worth of product (about 1.5oz) for $10 whereas other stores sell their lotions/body butter/etc for much more quantity. Usually, it's 6.0 to 7.5oz that gets sold for $10.

Overall Products: I am loving the facial cleansing grains. <3

Would I return? Hmm...I don't know. I like quality product but I like a lot of it. I was checking out the amounts for their facial cleansing grains it was less than my mandarin body butter but at $11. Maybe when I become richer...until then, I may have to go for a cheaper alternative. LOL. But seriously though...LOVE their facial cleansing grains and eve if the butter is a bit different, I'm still using it (switching between all my lotions). :)

Edit: This is another GREAT thing about them - they refunded my extra shipping, yay! However, I think they returned my ENTIRE amount and it's *their* money. I've contacted them about the issue but so far, no cigar. :/

No comments: