About Me

My photo
I love makeup but I've never really experimented with it until I started reading other beauty blogs. I love, love colors.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Haus of Gloi: Haul #1

I have been obsessed with beauty blogs lately and I don't know why. It did provide some interesting finds - Haus of Gloi being one of them. Funny thing was, I was searching for reviews of Villainess and the one review I *did* read ended up making me go for Haus of Gloi instead. I will check out Villainess later in the future (when I have more money...*sadface*) but for now, here's to presenting...



Ta-da! I purchased 3 samples of their sugar scrub (Imp, Vice, & Apothecary) and a regular jug of Lassi sugar scrub. I also got a 4oz Lassi lotion and they included a free sliver of Imp soap. :)

So just a little background about my skin...on my face, it's combination (normal, oily) but extremely touchy. I wouldn't call it sensitive but some weird ass things have set it off. I'm not one to break out easily so I generally know what to avoid if I do. On my hands, they're dry. Not so dry that the skin is cracked and bleeding but dry enough that the skin is uncomfortably tight and sometimes, lotion won't help it but give it a weird, waxy coating. :/ I'm weird.



Clearly, I have already gotten to work. So...scent descriptions:

Apothecary: A pure essential oil blend of: Lemongrass, rosemary, atlas cedarwood, sweet basil, lavender and the tiniest drop of vetiver.

Imp: Peculiar passion fruit mingling with sun cured apricots, perfectly pink grapefruit juice and innocent whispers of wet mimosa blooms.

Lassi: Sweet organic sugar and fragrant orange peel powder are lightly hand whipped with a buttery blend of pure shea butter, coconut oil, apricot oil, almond and olive oils. An in shower exfoliant, designed to buff away dull skin, nourish, moisturize, pamper and soften! Not to mention leaving your skin deliciously scented!

Vice: Steam billows rolling off a vessel of fresh made Turkish coffee, marshmallow goo tainted by graham cracker crumbs, toasted hazelnuts and blanketed in black chocolate.

Lets see...Apothecary smelled so strongly of lemon, I thought it smelled a bit artificial. Not to mention, after using the scrub on my face, I woke up with a painful pimple the next morning. Of course, it might not have been the scrub at all but since my chin is a bit tender, I've avoided using it.

Vice smelled like something I wanted to LICK.

Lassi smelled like sherbet. It was a bit too sweet but I'm still using it. :)

Imp doesn't smell great from the jar but when you use it, it's like biting into a succulent fruit.

The lotion gave me that same waxy feeling. It smells lovely and I know my hands are moisturized but for some reason, there's this really funky coating. I wouldn't blame it all on Haus of Gloi. I get this same result with SEVERAL lotions that I've used.

Shipping: Great. Ordered on Wednesday, got my order the following Monday. I was so excited when I ripped into the box.

Customer Service: I only interacted with Matt and he seemed like lovely fellow.

Price: Competitive. Most Etsy stores charge what they charge for these sorts of products.

Overall Products: Hmm...not too crazy about the lotion but I love the sugar scrubs. Both my roommates tried Vice and said that the scrub left their hands feeling smooth and smelling so yummy, they wanted to lick the jar. There's not really a great selection of scents but I didn't mind the ones I got.

Would I return? Maybe. I've been eyeing the Maedwe scent and I heard they were coming out with foaming sugar scrubs so it's definitely leaning towards yes. :)

No comments: