About Me

My photo
I love makeup but I've never really experimented with it until I started reading other beauty blogs. I love, love colors.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Meow Cosmetics: Merry Mayhem Swatches

Just got home from a office holiday dinner and man, I am pooped. Not pooped enough to do swatches though! I'm about over an hour too late for the whole "one collection a day" thing I promised earlier on but the night is still young, I say!

From Meow's Merry Mayhem collection...











My biggest issue was that Jingle and Ho Ho Ho looked exactly alike. Then I read the color descriptions over at Meow and they're meant to look alike. Ho Ho Ho is just sans some of the sparkles Jingle has. I tried to swatch colors in similar color groups for easier comparison on the reader's side, but I feel like that makes these swatches very hohum. Hmmm...may need to mix it up next time, haha!

Have you guys checked out this collection yet? Either way, what are your favorites?

5 comments:

Robyn said...

I love Ho HO Ho and Secret Santa

femputer said...

These are so pretty! I'm perplexed as to why Meow would create shades that are exactly the same, minus some glitter... O_o

Lady In A Top Hat said...

@Robyn- Ooo festive picks!

@femputer- Haha I think it's to change the texture up. Instead of sparkly metallic, you get satiny awesomeness. :)

SilhouetteScreams said...

Omg Star looks so bright and awesome! I agree that it's a bit weird to do the sans glitter thing in the same collection - I could understand more if there was some highly sought after shade that people didn't like the glitter on XD

Lady In A Top Hat said...

@Silhouette- Yeah I was super confused at first. I thought my eyes were horrible differentiating greens because I couldn't tell what the difference was. Glad to know it was meant to look alike. Lol