About Me

My photo
I love makeup but I've never really experimented with it until I started reading other beauty blogs. I love, love colors.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

News, awards, and contests

I needed to share this first because I think it's something y'all should be aware of.

You know, it's sometimes really hard not to wish ill upon a person when they do shit like this. Painted's friends were attacked in their home the other night for standing up to their beliefs - they're anti-racist activists. Now, they're being called liars and people think they staged the attack to garner sympathy. WTF. Who would do such a thing? People. Please think. He had kids in that home, company, he suffered contusions and concussions, his friend even got a broken arm - nobody would stage that. Now child services are threatening to take their kids away from two very strong people because apparently, their beliefs are endangering their lives?

Come on. Just. Come. On.

I had a lot more to say but I'm afraid it's just not suitable stuff for public consumption. These sorts of things just anger me so much. Please visit the link and show your support.

On another note...

I have never won an award in my life so when both Makeup Zombie and Painted gave me an award, I was super duper psyched. You ladies made my day!! I have way too many blogs I love and follow so I'll just say y'all should visit my profile page. Every single blog on there is recommended. :)

I know you've all probably seen this but hey, just in case, I don't want y'all to miss out on this fantastic giveaway going on over at Glitter is my crack...

Here are the goodies:

#1 Haunted Eyes Collection
#2 Cleopatra Collection
#3 Victorian Zombie Earrings
#4 Victorian Zombie Necklace

Go on over there and check out the lovelies!

2 comments:

Marcey said...

I was so happy to see that you received some awards. Your blog is very nice & you do have wonderful swatches. I don't have my own blog or I'd be shouting your name from the rooftops to get you some followers.

Lady In A Top Hat said...

@Marcey- Thank you! To tell you the truth, I was super surprised but it made my day. :)