About Me

My photo
I love makeup but I've never really experimented with it until I started reading other beauty blogs. I love, love colors.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

CVS Generic Brand Haul

I wasn't suppose to buy anything this weekend. I was going to try and keep my spending to a minimum but...yeah. That didn't happen. I have another Fyrinnae haul coming my way. I also discovered Adorned With Grace and so that's another package I'll be getting and sharing soon. After dance class today, I stopped by our local CVS. Being that I live in the city, these prices were exorbitant for store-brand products. Nevertheless, I felt that spending 'itch' and decided to purchase some items. I kept it under $20...



- CVS Oil-Free Foaming Acne Scrub Pink Grapefruit
.....compare to Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub
- CVS Energizing Facial Cleanser
.....compare to Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
- Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions
- Softsoap Body Butter Apricot Scrub

CVS Oil-Free Foaming Acne Scrub Pink Grapefruit: Not sure what to think. The scrub has nice gentle exfoliating beads to take care of your blackheads and salicylic acid to take care of your acne/pimples/breakouts. I wasn't digging the scent though. Smelled suspiciously like dish-washing soap. You can see the gel and foaming acting of the pink grapefruit scrub here:





CVS Energizing Facial Cleanser: The scent was a bit better. It reminded me of Bath & Body Works' Country Apple which was one of my favorites growing up. It also has tiny exfoliating beads. According to the bottle, it's contains ginseng and fruit extracts. I assume that's good. Be careful unlocking the spout. The neck on mine got clogged with the product so it all came squishing out.





Softsoap Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions: Freaking...wow. I love this scent. Then again, I'm a huge fan of pomegranate and mango scents so this is just perfect. Not sure how it'll react to my skin just quite yet but if anything bad happens, I'll definitely bitch about it.





Softsoap Body Butter Apricot Scrub: Wasn't too fond of the scent in this either. I smelled apricot in the bottle but when it was on my hands, it just smelled like very generic body butter. A bit plastic-ky and sterile smelling.





After all this, I had to put some Jergens' on my hands. They get notoriously dry crazy fast. And now a snapshot of my daily/weekly routine:



Don't be fooled by the Vickery & Clarke bottle. It's actually Guerlain toner. I didn't like the way you had to handle the Guerlain bottle so after I went through all my Vickery & Clarke, I poured Guerlain in there. :) All store-brand except for the Guerlain, yay for cheap! (Or semi-cheap. >_>)

No comments: