I first came across these on Phyrra's blog and what a fantastic recommendation. I clicked on her link, went to the Etsy store, and placed my first order. I got:
1. Star Anise, Saffron, Cardamom, Peach - tasted strongly of Star Anise, didn't get much peach. It was like licorice caramel.
2. Spiced Apple Cider - I come from Upstate NY and we make the best (biased) apple anything. I just had a cup of Spiced Apple Cider; this caramel tasted just like it! Except, you get to avoid burning your tongue and you don't need to warm it up to eat (or in the other case, drink) it.
3. Appleless Caramel Pie - Eeek. Tasted like buttery caramel.
4. Roasted Black Sesame - I LOVED IT. I love sesame anything so I was glad they pulled this flavor off so well. I already ate the entire piece, if that's any indication...
5. Pumpkin Pie - This was one of Phyrra's pick and I can totally understand why. There's lots of spices but not so much that one overpowers another. It's nicely balanced and it keeps the candy from getting too sweet. I know, strange that I could make that complaint about candy right? Well, that's why I'm not usually fond of sweets - they're TOO sweet. This was a really nice balance.
6. Maple Syrup - Omg, too sweet. It tasted like maple syrup so fans of that will love this caramel.
7. Taro - I think taro is one of the hardest flavors to pull off. Fusion Sweets did it. Not only did they do it but it's so well done that you cannot mistake it for anything else but taro. I LOVE taro so I loved this. I've been eyeing it ever since I took my last bit of the sesame caramel (like...2 seconds ago).
8. Matcha Green - Another wonderful flavor. I can taste the tea and not just any tea, matcha green tea. If you like green tea ice cream or just green tea anything, you will love this.
Aren't they the purties? So my picks are: Roasted Black Sesame, Taro, Pumpkin Pie, and Matcha Green Tea.
Let me preface by saying that one of the foods I hate the most are marshmallows. It's the texture that gets me. I love roasted marshmallows and I love those tiny, teensy ones you get in hot chocolate. Normal-sized marshmallows? Nothing makes my gag reflex react faster. Anyway, they gave me marshmallows as freebies so I figured, to hell with it, why not!? I got to try out four different types:
1. Chocolate Orange Cointreau - Yum. This is good freaking chocolate. I can even taste the orange in here! Great combination.
2. So Not Boring Vanilla Bean - Oh my...this is good. It's kind of nutty for some reason but it's nice.
3. Maple Syrup - Not as strong as the caramel so it made it pretty tasty. My roommate had a bite and she said it was pretty delish.
4. Zesty Orange Cream - Definitely get this if you love orange cream anything. Tasted just like the ice cream/sherbet. Yummers. :)
They got me to like marshmallows. The texture was nice - it was soft and melted in your mouth after a few minutes. Maybe it was because of the sizes or whatever but I actually enjoyed trying these out.
Have you tried anything from Fushion Sweets? If so, what are your thoughts? :)